Monday, January 25, 2016

Longtime Bar in Vista Closes Due to Flooding Losses

Jillian's was one of the first big places to open up in the "Vista", and it looks like the great flood of 2015 took it out.

I enjoyed going when I was younger. I spent plenty of time (and money) there playing pool back in the day, so part of me will miss it. When I'm old, I'm sure I'll be one of those old guys who drives past the location and says to completely disinterested people something like "That's where I used to play pool and drink beer when I was younger".

However, I have to say that I kind of thought that Jillian's was kind of on its last legs anyway. I went in a few times over the last few years, and they place never really seemed to have the pep that it used to. It just wasn't drawing the crowds for big games, or dancing, or whatever. Maybe the management slipped a little bit. Maybe this big hit of losses with the flood was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe that's just the nature of things. Nothing lasts forever. 

Except maybe LaBrasca's.

No comments:

Post a Comment