Monday, April 6, 2015

Counting down to the MCAS Airshow: P-51 Mustang

The airshow is this weekend, so there are only a few shopping days left until the big day. In my previous post about the air show, I had some helicopter photos. Today, we're stepping up a little: videos of WWII aircraft.

First, even though it's a commercial, it still gives you a good look at a P-51 Mustang and a F4U Corsair. Oh yeah, there are some chicks. Pay attention to the airplanes, chief.



I know everyone likes the Mustang, but I love the gull-wing curvature of the Corsair.

For all you Mustang lovers, here's a cool video from a Mustang that you can actually catch at some air shows. I certainly cringe a little bit when the ground starts to get really close.


Here's our video from Columbus GA last weekend. Awesome show as always! On to Tyndall AFB next!
Posted by QuickSilver P-51 on Monday, March 30, 2015


Two more: Here's a good video that captures the classic sound of a P-51, but if you really want to know, for me, when we're talking Mustangs, this is the moment I think of:

Saved the best for last.

2 comments:

  1. Correction: It's actually an *inverted* gull-wing on the Corsair. I still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan, you need to go to Pearl Harbor and visit Burl's museum. Everybody's doing it!

    ReplyDelete